Sunday, October 16, 2005

On Words Used Here: A Rough Lexicon

This is a rough and rarely updated lexicon of words used in my blog(s).

Click here to access the lexicon

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

A






B






C






D






E






F






G






H






I






J






K






L
Love: When I think about bibilical love, one word constantly comes to my mind: DUTY. If that doesn't make sense by itself, think about it this way: we are commanded to love one another (I John 4:7, many others) but the way in which we differentiate that love is through the responsibility we bear. This is how Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes. makes sense. The parent that spares the rod, is not doing the duty he was assigned to his child, it is no matter that he says, "I love my child too much to do that", he is only deceiving himself. Going further, we can see that true love, is the application of faith. It is first hearing the word of God, and then doing it. (James 1:22-25) Anything less is mere lip service, feigned faith, and not love at all.






M






N






O






P






Q






R






S






T






U






V





W
We: I use the word "we" when I'm making general observations about a group, typically, one in which I would include myself, or at least have some degree of familiarity with. Sometimes these groups will be as general as "all humans", or "men" and sometimes as specific as "30ish year old men who like cheese, video games, reading, loud arguments and have almost no sense of fashion whatsoever". I don't meant the word to be used authoritatively and I realize that there are many many exceptions.


X






Y






Z






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home